Well we just got back from a week in Bourgogne where we stayed in a small village called Gerland, about 7km from the famous Nuits St Georges. We had rented a wonderful house (gite) with a garden and two verandas, one open and another closed so that we could stil be 'outside' when the nights got chilly. Our plan was to relax , have fun with Alex and drink some good wine. We were right off the 'Route de grande crus' which took us through Gevray Chamertin, Vosne Romanée, Aloxe Corton, Pernand-Vergeless , Vougeot and Beaune just to name a few. Of course for Eric this was bliss as it was like travelling via a wine list. For me I was just looking forward to a break. We were lucky with the weather as this year we have yet to have a real summer. The days were warm enough that we could go sight seeing, Alex could play in the garden and we could bar -b-que at night and then relax with a bottle of wine.
Back to reality, Eric is at home for another week as he will soon start a new job much closer to where we live so that's good. I'm back at work but summer means its a little calmer and so the days are easier.
Hope that you enjoyed my first blog, I'm going to try to keep it updated so that you can see what we are up to !
Take Care !
1 comments:
Sharlene:
I loved your blog and what a wonderful idea. Reading it gave me a feeling I was right there chatting with you....over a glass of vin! Anyway, love hearing from you and can't wait for your next blog. Cheers! Aunty Karen
Post a Comment