Vacation Plans ?

Yes I know its April and I'm already thinking about what are we going to do about summer holidays this year ! Salhia the nanny informed me last night that she will be taking her allowed 4weeks end July to mid-end August. That leaves me with a certain 2yr old to look after for that time frame. Well for one, we will take one week of and go to explore a region in France where I'm not sure but we need to decide fast if we want to be able to rent a house. I can take some of my holidays for the other 2wks and then maybe have his grandma (paternal) come by that week ?

Sounds easy enough :) It used to be, my boss is now a proud papa that like me has vacation days remaining to take before end July, so we are going to be fighting for the same time :) However in my defense, I'm the one with a real issue - no nanny :) This will be my Friday morning coffee discussion.

Back to real issue - where do we go for the week ? All the "good" places have already been booked, and we are quite picky in our choice. A house by itself, with a garden, patio + bbq in a nice area. We are looking at three regions not at all next to each other,Dordogne, Bretagne or Alsace. So, Basically one is South, West and then East :)

Dordogne would be great, but for summer it will be run over by the Brits so perhaps a bit much, Alsace would be a nice opportunity to pick up some great resilings and Bretagne would be nice to see the unique culture.

Curious to see what we'll choose

So no real updates this time, just some of my random thoughts :)

0 comments: