Rainy Days
As you can see I changed the blog design to match the weather that we are currently having - rain! Normally we get these "spring" showers in March however I guess it decided to start early. Of course it tends to rain more on the weekends and on Wednesday's when I'm home, the rest of the week we will have a few days where its brilliant sunshine and blue skies.
However being held ransom at home on a rainy Wednesday has its advantages, we stay in PJs longer, things are a little slower and Alex will get to look an an "extra" cartoon. Claire is still to small to benefit from these rainy days.
Alex and I had a long talk about Trinidad this morning and that he thinks he would prefer to live there and come here on vacation - can't say that I disagree. From his perspective its not so bad, lots of cousins (mainly boys his age) to play with, have to mention Matthew here because he is the one that I think he really 'played' with. What else, lots of sun to play outside, practice his golf, go to the beach, play with his waterguns you get the idea. Gabby is there, and for those that have seen him with Gabby you understand. Papy, Mamy & Tati are there to nag him (my dad), make hot dogs for him and cater to his every whim (Tati). He looks forward to Amartya's birthday party every year because he has fun and there is a spiderman cake !
We will need to try to go more often but this is easier said than done,if only the Trinidad portion of the tickets were not so expensive. Anyway that's another story.
Alex is currently taken up with the Winter Olympics but like any boy he's interested in the extreme sports,skiing and the ski jump competitions. I enjoy these but also like the ice dancing, he tells me this is boring but Claire enjoys it at least that's what we gather from her dancing. The Olympics have also been wonderful for his geography , he knows the flags of most of the participating countries his favorite being Austria.
Claire is our "hurricane" in that she never stops she is truly the energizer bunny :) but what a cute one :) She babbles quite a bit now, and is a speed demon on four legs, everything is game for her to use to help her stand up and and cruise along. No desire as yet to walk, I think she is satisfied with her current means of transport. I do think that unlike Alex she will "take off" when she's ready and not need us to hold her. Can't believe she'll be 1 next month, we are already planning her celebration.
Eric's celebration comes first and I'm taking him out to lunch, we are leaving the kids with the nanny and taking our day off (we never work on our birthdays, kids birthdays and wedding anniversary)to go for a long lunch. Its a splurge but its his birthday present. Will definitely give you a review of what we ate.
I'm working on a new project,to start selling my cupcakes and build a baking blog a long shot I know but first working on creating the blog to get started show what I do and build up some volume then start selling (I hope). It will be in English to start off mainly to build volume to the site and then will be in two languages, of course the sales will be word of mouth as it will be done from home. Needless to say Eric, Alex and my office will be the guinea pigs for all of this. I'm currently working on finding a blog url so if you have any ideas let me know. Not expecting very much this year, but my goal will be to build up recognition with some of the female blogging and food blog associations after which then I'll switch gears to the sales part. A benefit of this is that I'll have time test drive some recipes. I'll let you know once the site is live :)
So as you can see never a dull moment here :)
That's all for now, I'm off to take a shower and then play with Alex while Claire is asleep.
Take Care
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
|
Labels:
Update
|
1 comments:
I love little 3 year olds logic in thinking :) I am sorry it is raining so much, especially when it is times you can go do things with the kids or as a family! We are loving the olympics here too, but like Alex my boys are only into the extreme sports.
Post a Comment